This simple and quick beet soup is just what you need in your repertoire of recipes! First of all, it is beautiful. Second, it is soooo easy to put together. And as a bonus, it can be served warm for a cozy winter meal, or cold as a refreshing summer dish. It’s seriously awesome!
Look it up!! Beets are super good for you, including their greens which are rich in nutrients and vitamins (so don’t get rid of them, everrrrr!). In this recipe, I use the beet greens as garnish, to add a little more texture to the dish, but they are also delicious in salads as well. They taste just like beets, sweet and earthy. If you haven’t tried yet, DO IT!
This beautiful earthy soup is super healthy, and simple to put together. Just boil the beets, peel, then, puree them. Season and done!
Serve it with beet greens sliced thin, sprinkle it with some goat cheese, a little drizzle of olive oil, a splash of lime and just enjoy this simple moment.
Make it! Take a picture and share it with me on Instagram by tagging me or using #cookingwithaline
Looking for other delicious soups recipes?
- 2 lbs of beets
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For Serving (optional)
- 4 beet greens sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp of crumbled goat cheese
- 4 Lime wedges
- More olive oil
- wash the beets, place them in a large enough pot and cover them with cold water
- let them cook in medium to high heat, until they they are soft – about an hour
- once they are cooked, drain all the water, then when the beets are cool enough to handle, peel, then cut them in chunks
- place the beet chunks back in the pot and cover them with water
- using an immersion blender, puree the beets
- return the pan to the heat and season with the olive oil, the soy, the lime juice and salt and pepper
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, beet greens, and crumbled goat cheese