Batida de Coco is a classic Brazilian coconut cocktail that you can make in just a few minutes, with easy to find ingredients. This sweet tropical drink is creamy and full of coconut flavor, bringing a taste of summer to your parties all year round! – Recipe makes 4 servings, easily doubled!
Why I love this Brazilian coconut cocktail
I love most, if not all, coconut alcoholic drinks out there! Piña coladas, Painkillers, Coquitos, and literally anything made with Malibu. They’re all so delicious, but no coconut cocktail compares to Batida de Coco on my book!
These Brazilian coconut cocktails are dangerously delicious because they’re so sweet and creamy. You’ll be thinking you’re drinking a sweet and innocent little shake, and then, next think you know, you hit the floor! LOL! Am I speaking from experience? I’ll never tell you, but, the good news is, this cocktail is very easy to put together and the recipe is very adaptable.
If you think the drink came out too sweet or too strong for your taste, add a bit more coconut water. If you think it’s not strong enough, add more booze! The party is yours, meus amigos! You decide.
Brazilian Kitchen Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What you need to make Batida de coco
- Coconut milk – any creamy coconut milk should work. I usually only use this brand which you should be able to find in the Latin isle of most grocery stores.
- Sweet condensed milk – this makes our drink sweet, and even more creamy!!
- Cachaça – To make this cocktail, my booze of choice tends to be cachaça, the Brazilian rum we talked about in this post. But, you can use any other type of white rum, or even Vodka! I typically use about a cup per recipe, but you can use less, or more… Seriously, who’s counting?
- Coconut water – the coconut water reduces the sweetness of the condensed milk. I tend to like things sweet, but if you think the drink is still too sweet for your taste, just add a little more coconut water! Alternatively, you don’t even need coconut water – you can just use water, double up the liquor, or a combination of both for how sweet and how strong you like.
- Toasted coconut (optional) – this is totally optional, but I love to rim the glasses with toasted coconut and to sprinkle it on top of my drink!
How to make batida de coco Brazilian coconut cocktail
Just follow these 3 easy steps, and in just minutes you’ll be sipping on your own sweet and creamy coconut milk cocktail!
- Get your pitcher (or even a punch bowl) ready – Fill it with ice, and set aside.
- Blend – Add the coconut milk, the condensed milk, the coconut water, and the cachaça to a blender and blend until frothy and creamy.
- Fill & Decorate – Pour the coconut cocktail into the iced pitcher, and sprinkle a little toasted coconut on top.
There you go, meus amigos! Enjoy your coconut drink! Cheers, or as we say in Portuguese, Saúde!
Other coconut drinks you’ll love:
Try these other cachaça drink recipes:
Batida de coco goes great with:
- Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Cilantro Garlic Bread
- Chimichurri Chicken Skewers
- Pineapple Rice
- Pineapple Lamb Burgers
Batida de Coco – Brazilian Coconut Cocktail
- 1 13.5oz can of coconut milk *I use GOYA
- 1 14oz can of sweet condensed milk
- 1 cup of cachaça, or any other white rum – Vodka is also ok
- 1 cup of coconut water or you can just use water, extra liquor, or a combination of both for how sweet and how strong you like.
- 1/4 cup of toasted coconut (optional)
- Fill a pitcher with ice, and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, the condensed milk, the coconut water, and the cachaça to a blender and blend until combined and frothy.
- Pour the coconut cocktail into the iced pitcher, and sprinkle a little toasted coconut on top.
- Serve on toasted coconut rimmed glasses!