It’s Super Bowl weekend and in addition to drinks, friends, lots of fun and chicken wings prepared about million different ways, what else do you have…? Dips!
This Cheesy Collard Greens Dip is my current go-to dip for all things entertainment. I love it because it has the strong bitter flavor of collard greens toned down a notch by all the fattiness and saltiness of the cheeses. The bell pepper and onions add a sweetness to it, while the marinated artichokes gives it a tang. It’s super delicious!
Everyone who’s tried this dip loooooooves it.
You guys already know how much I love collard greens, and now that I have it covered in cheese, I love it even more!
So next time you throw a party, make it, take a picture, share with me on Instagram by tagging me or using #cookingwithaline and let me know how it turned out.
Cheesy Collard Greens Dip | Easy Step by Step
Just remove the stem of the collard greens, and give it a rough chop, like this.
Then give a nice rinse and do the rest of your prep – chop the onions and the artichokes, dice the bell pepper, mince the garlic…
Then just heat up a cast iron skillet (or any other skillet you can put in the oven) and melt some butter.
Throw the onions in there and cook until they are soft.
Add the bell peppers…
and a few minutes later, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add the greens…
and cook just a few minutes until they are soft… season with some Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning for a peppery kick.
Then add the chopped artichokes…
I used this one, but any other marinated artichokes should do (there’s a Mediterranean on Trader Joes that’s also pretty great!)
Add in all the cheeses and the sour cream, then stir it all up.
And add more cheese on top, then broil until golden brown and magical!
You are Now Ready to Party!!
Serve warm with some crackers, crusty bread, tortilla chips or some crispy pig skins (you know like pork rind, or chicharrones). It’s seriously bomb!!
Make this cheesy collard greens dip for your next get to gather! Take a picture, share with me on Instagram by tagging me or using #cookingwithaline and let me know how it turned out.
Cheesy Collard Greens Dip
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bunch of collard greens stemmed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1 6.5 oz jar of marinated artichoke drained
- 1/4 c fresh parsley chopped
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese separated
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt the butter in a cast iron, or oven proof skillet over medium heat
- Add the onions and cook until transparent, about 2 minutes
- Add the bell pepper, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the greens, and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes
- Season with slap ya mama
- Add the artichokes and the parsley, stir
- Remove from heat and add the cream cheese, the sour cream and half of the parmesan, stir to combine
- Then, top with the remaining parmesan, and the mozzarella
- Broil a few minutes, until cheese is golden