Apart from cocktails, no get together, indoors and outdoors, is ever complete without garlic bread – am I right?
We’re talking, all the garlic, in this case my Brazilian Sofrito, blended in with butter, mayo, CHEESE and some cilantro to complete the magic.
Seriously, does anyone need anything else? Other than cold beers, or some Pinot Grigio, I’ll guess no.
Although this recipe is perfect for the oven, it also works wonders in the grill to complete your bbq festa.
We have this joke in Brazil that says that the best meat in a barbecue is the garlic bread, and well, that’s facts. Garlic bread, or how we say in Portuguese pão de alho, is usually the first thing to come out of the grill so, there we all are starving, waiting for meat and boom, garlic bread is what we get. And dare I say that, that first bite into it has got to be the most satisfying bite ever!
I mean, I like my meat too, but a barbecue party is hardly ever the same without this garlicky treat.
So, meus amigos, this recipe is perfect for baking or grilling, and it’s super easy to make. Just grab a nice loaf of bread at your favorite bakery and call your amigos over for a good time.
Cilantro Garlic Bread Recipe Step by Step
Start by preheating your oven or grill to 350F
Just slice the bread open either hassle back like in the image below, or just horizontally across.
Spread the mixture generously on the bread slices.
Wrap it in foil, and just bake or grill about 10 mins.
Remove the foil and place back in the oven until the bread riches desired crispness.
Let it cool, cut and serve!
Cilantro Garlic Bread
- One loaf of bread such as country bread, french bread, ciabatta etc
- 4 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp of salted butter
- 4-6 Tbsp of Brazilian Sofrito depending on how garlicky you want
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven or grill to 350-375F
- Slice the bread horizontally
- Generously spread the mixture on the bread, and set on a baking sheet with garlicky side up (if desired, sprinkle a little more cheese on top)
- Bake or grill about 10 mins, until the mixture has melted and the edges are lightly toasted
- If desired, broil a few minutes on high to toast a little more - optional
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve