Mixing up a Coconut Margarita is one of the best ways to celebrate summer all year long. This coconut cocktail recipe is easy to make and dangerously delicious! All you need are four ingredients and a blender to make this tropical margarita.
If you love creamy coconut cocktails, don’t forget to try my Batida de Coco – Brazilian Coconut Cocktail. It’s one of our most popular recipes on the site!
Why I love this coconut cocktail
Who doesn’t love a cold tropical cocktail?
I know I do! And this margarita recipe tastes absolutely delicious and wonderfully summery.
Since my Batida de Coco recipe is one of my most popular recipes on the site, I figured a Coconut Margarita recipe would be great to have on here, too.
And if you’ve been following the site for a while, you already know this – I make my drinks strong, and I mostly make them in batches. I just hate to make onesies and twosies cocktails… So. MUCH! I don’t want to be having a drink, then have to get up to make another drink for someone who requests another round. Plus this helps you use all of the coconut cream. Otherwise, what else would you make with it? Another drink… later… so no, just make a batch all at once and enjoy your night!
With all that in mind, this Coconut Margarita makes roughly two pints and it’s perfect for sharing!
But don’t worry, if you’re not having a party, you can easy save leftovers in a mason jar in your fridge to enjoy later!
So if you’re looking for sunshine in a cocktail glass, here you go!
What you need:
Brazilian Kitchen Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Coconut cream—also known as cream of coconut, but definitely not the same thing as coconut milk! It’s thicker, creamier and it’s also sweetened. I usually use Coco Lopez, or Coco Real Gourmet. You can find them in the cocktail aisle of your local grocery store. And it’s also available at liquor stores like Bevmo, and Total Wine, too.
- Silver tequila
- Triple sec—or another orange liqueur you have on hand, like Grand Marnier or Cointreau.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice—this cuts through sweetness and helps balance out the drink.
- Lime wedges and toasted coconut—we use these for garnish.
- A pinch of salt—just a pinch is enough to add some “mineraly” depth to an otherwise very sweet drink
- Ice cubes
In addition to those ingredients, you’re going to need a few tools, too:
How to make a Coconut Margarita Pitcher
Unlike a lot of margarita recipes, we’re not using a cocktail shaker for this one.
What you’re going to do is toss all of the ingredients except the ice into your blender, and blend until smooth.
Pour over ice in cocktail glasses, and enjoy!
Please note: I tend to make my drinks pretty strong, but I try to be conscious of that when I write my recipes. That said, follow the recipe, and give it a sip. If you think this is too strong for your taste, put some ice in the blender and blend again. Remember, you’ll also be serving it over a lot of ice which will dilute into your margs overtime as well.
How to garnish coconut margaritas:
This part is optional, but fun and pretty.
To do that, just rub a sliced lime along the rim of your cocktail glasses. Dip them into toasted coconut and give them a good swirl until the coconut is sticking to the glass.
Pour your margarita on into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lime wedge, and enjoy!
Margaritas for parties:
Since this is a pitcher margarita that’s blended up in the blender, it’s great for serving a crowd!
You can also make it ahead of time and keep the drinks refrigerated without ice in mason jars. Simply make it in advance, then bring it along to a party, picnic, pool party, holiday party, etc.!
Take it anywhere where you want a sweet taste of summer and fun!
Other Coconut Cocktails You’ll Love
FOR MORE BRAZILIAN FOOD INSPO, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON
- 1.5 cups silver tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1x 15oz can of coconut cream such as Coco Lopez
- a pinch of salt
- lime wedges and toasted coconut for garnish optional
- Add the tequila, triple sec, coconut cream, lime juice and the pinch of salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill a glass with ice and serve!