This six ingredient Avocado Lime Dressing is deliciously creamy and perfect for any salad. This creamy avocado dressing recipe is great on leafy greens, all kinds of veggies, on top of bowls and more. All you need are a handful of minutes to make this delicious homemade salad dressing.
Why I love this Salad Dressing Recipe
I don’t know about you, but if I’m going to eat salad, the dressing better be good as hell. Otherwise, what are we even doing?
I love this recipe because it’s easy to make. You just dump everything in the food processor and poof—done. No chopping or much prepping needed!
Another thing I love is that you don’t need many ingredients to make this dressing, either. And chances are, you might already have them all in your kitchen right now.
Additionally, this avocado salad dressing recipe is so versatile!! You can use it to dress the best salads, bowls and more. But also, it’s so creamy that you could even use it as a dip.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
Brazilian Kitchen Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Avocado—it needs to be ripe, soft and creamy!
- Garlic—because it’s delicious and gives us extra flavor.
- Extra virgin olive oil—this adds more fat! It also adds acid flavor and works as an emulsifier to keep the avocado dressing extra creamy!
- Fresh cilantro leaves—If you hate it, use the same amount of curly parsley. Flat leaf parsley is much stronger in flavor than the curly kind, and would interfere in the overall flavor.
- Lime juice—this is our main acid, and it adds a lovely pop of tartness, too.
- Water—we use it as a neutral thinner
How to Make Creamy Avocado Dressing
Dump the ripe avocado, garlic, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice and water into the food processor. Season with salt and pepper, too.
Buzz, buzz, buzz! Give it a taste, add more salt and pepper if desired, and this salad dressing recipe is complete.
I think this is the perfect creamy consistency. However, if you want the dressing to be more pourable, you can add a splash more of water to thin it more. If you do, you’ll probably have to adjust salt and pepper as well. You might also have to add another squeeze of the lime to up the acidity, too, so keep that in mind and taste as you go.
Store the dressing for up to a week in the refrigerator and enjoy it on everything!
How to Serve Lime Avocado Dressing
If you ask me, this avocado dressing recipe is perfect on most everything.
For this shoot, I tossed romaine lettuce, roasted corn, pickled red onions, cherry tomatoes and some queso fresco together. Not only is the salad flavorful and colorful, but it tastes amazing.
Here are some other ideas as to how to use it:
- Serve as a dressing for leafy greens and veggies.
- Dip carrots and radishes into it as a healthy snack.
- Drizzle it atop a healthy slaw.
- Top veggie bowls and quinoa bowls with it. I love making quinoa, pan seared chicken with Brazilian seasoning, tossing in some cucumber and tomatoes, shaved carrots and boom. Delicious!
Other Salad Dressings You’ll Love:
FOR MORE BRAZILIAN FOOD INSPO, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON
Creamy Lime Avocado Dressing
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup of lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the ripe avocado, garlic, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice and water to a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until creamy.
- Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Add extra water if you want the dressing to be more pourable. (You might also have to add additional salt, pepper and lime juice if you do this.)
- Serve or store.