I looooove me a sweet and savory combo, and these wings are just that. You can grill them, or prepare them in the oven, which makes them perfect for any entertaining occasion.
Grab your friends, and crack your cold beers open because, seriously, what else do you drink when pounding yummy wings? Exactly. In this case, Blue Moons go sooooo perfectly.
Try it and let me know how it turned out! Don’t forget to show me your awesome dish by tagging me or by using #cookingwithaline
Orange Almond Wings
For the Marinade:
- 3 lbs of chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 orange about 1/4 of a cup
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Coarse salt for grilling
For the Sauce:
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 c of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 c cilantro leaves finely minced
- 1/2 c almonds finely chopped
- Season the wings with salt and pepper, and let them sit for 10-15 mins
- Mix in the olive oil, garlic, and orange juice
- Add the wings and the marinade to a ziplock bag, and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- While the chicken is marinating, make the sauce
- Add orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, salt, honey, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, cilantro, and almonds to a blender and pulse a few times (just enough to crack the almonds, and roughly chop the cilantro) to mix all the ingredients. Transfer to a container, and let it sit room temp.
- When the chicken in done marinating, heat up the grill, or preheat your oven to 350F
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel, sprinkle with a little olive oil and add some coarse salt
- Throw the wings on the hot grill (or put them in a baking sheet for baking)
- Grill or bake until the wings are crispy – giving them a turn halfway through*
- When the wings are cooked, remove them from the grill or oven and place them in a large bowl, while still hot. Pour as much of the sauce over the wings as you’d like and toss to coat. Serve.