This cake is like a gift made of sugar and spices. It’s. da. bomb!
I swear! My best friend Angela and her husband Igor call this cake “Magic Cake”. They love it so much we sort of even use it as currency between us – every time I ask for a favor, they say, sure, just make us a Magic Cake and we’re even! Their favorite way to enjoy the Magic Cake is topped with Brazilian Chocolate Ganache, brigadeiro, just like the one I used on the carrot cake recipe.
But this cake is also magic all by itself, dusted with just a little powdered sugar.
I also love to lightly toast any leftovers and spread a little salted butter on top, to have with a nice cup of coffee (or bourbon… or both!!) It really is magic!
Make it! Take a picture of your magic cake and share with me on Instagram by tagging me or using #cookingwithaline
Spiced Brown Sugar Cake Step by Step
Let’s get the magic started!
First things first: Preheat your over to 350F and butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
Combine the oil and the carrot juice, and set aside.
Then, add all dry ingredients, spices and all, in a big bowl, whisk everything to combine and set aside.
Combine both sugars in a medium bowl.
Add the eggs and the vanilla extract to the sugars…
and weeeeeeeee until everything looks smooth like this.
Then, incorporate dry and wet ingredients, alternating them. Always start and end with the dry ingredients, alternating with 2 parts of liquid in between. So, add about a third of the dry mixture to the egg mixture, and weeeeeeeee some more, just to combine.
Then, add half of the liquid ingredients, and weeeeeeeeeee.
Add another batch of dry…. weeeee to combine, and add your final batch of liquid and weeeeeeee!
Add your final batch of dry and weeeeeeeeee!!! All done!
Pour into your prep’d bundt cake pan and bake until it’s done – about 35-40 mins, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean-ish.
At this point your house should be smelling like pure magic!!!
Spiced Brown Sugar Cake
I hope you see, smell and taste all the magic in this delicious cake.
Make it! Take a picture and share with me on Instagram by tagging me or using #cookingwithaline
Spiced Brown Sugar Cake
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour a 9inch bundt cake pan
- Add all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and all the spices) to a large bowl, whisk to combine and set aside
- In another smaller bowl, combine the oil and the carrot juice, and set aside
- In another large bowl, combine the eggs, the vanilla extract, and the sugars. Mix using a hand mixer on medium to high speed, until frothy and elastic
- Then, add 1/3 of the dry ingredients mixture to the eggs mixture, and mix on low to medium to combine. Add half of the liquid ingredients, and mix on low to medium to combine. Add the second third of the dry ingredients, and mix on low to medium to combine. Add the last of the liquid, and mix on low to medium to combine. Add the last third of the dry ingredients, and mix on low to medium to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan, and bake bake until a cake tester/toothpick inserted to the middle comes out lightly crumbly to clean (about 35-40 mins)
- Move the cake pan to a cooling rack and let it cool for about 10 mins, then remove the cake from the pan and let it cool in the rack