Seriously, I feel like eeeeeeeverything tastes better in the summer!! Who’s with me!!!!?
This salad is no different and it SCREAAAAAAMMMMMSSSSSS summer at your face! The cucumbers make it super refreshing, the melon makes it deliciously juicy, the wheat berries make things a little toasty, the cilantro brightens everything up, the cayenne adds a little kick and the lime-yogurt dressing bring it all together. And all of this is super easy and quick to to put together, which makes this salad perfect for any event, any day of the week, any time of the day!
In the summer, I usually make a big batch of wheat berries and keep refrigerated. This way, I can make more salads throughout the week and if it’s too hot, I don’t even have to boil anything! I just toss everything together and DONE!
Make it, take a picture and share your beautiful meal and story by tagging me on IG/FB or using #cookingwithaline
Wheat Berries and Melon Salad
- 2 C of cooked wheat berries
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 melon peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 large cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of minced cilantro leaves
For the Dressing
- 3/4 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- Juice of 1 lime approx. 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, season the wheat berries with the sesame seed oil, set aside
- Using another large bowl, combine the melon, cucumber, onion and the cilantro, stir to combine
For the Dressing
- Add yogurt, garlic, lime juice, cayenne, olive oil, and salt to a blender and blend until smooth
- Combine melon mixture with the wheat berries, stir to combine
- Add dressing to the mixture little by little, stirring gently to coat and salad is seasoned to your taste*