Brazilian Pasta Salad with Mayo
This Pasta Salad with Mayo is a classic Brazilian side dish that's a great recipe to bring along for a barbecue. Made with fusili pasta, peas, corn, diced ham and more, this flavor-packed pasta dish is perfect for sharing. No matter what you make Brazilian Pasta Salad for, this easy recipe is sure to add pops of flavor and a familiar, yet slightly different twist to a classic many people already know and love.
Servings: 10 Servings
- 16 oz package of fusili pasta uncooked
- 2 cups of shredded carrots from about 2 carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cups diced ham about 2x 8oz ham steaks
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 onion, small dice 1/2 cup
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice from about 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup of mayonnaise more or less, depending on how you like it
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive juice
Make the Pasta Salad:
Cook the pasta to al dente, according package instructions.
When the pasta is cooked, drain all the water, and place the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
While the pasta is still warm, add the diced onions and the dressing. Gently stir to combine, and set aside to allow pasta to cool completely before moving on to the next step. (This is to make sure the mayonnaise and the other ingredients don't cook with the residual heat of the pasta).
When the pasta has cooled, add in the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 877mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4558IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg