Brazilian Chicken Seasoning (Tempero Em Pó Para Frango)
Ever wanted to learn the BEST chicken seasoning recipe? This Brazilian Chicken Seasoning, which we call Tempero Em Pó Para Frango in Portuguese, is full of amazing herbs and spices and easy to make! Whether you're grilling, baking or pan frying, this seasoning mix contains the best spices for chicken.
Servings: 6 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried chives
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground achiote pepper (colorau) optional
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 whole large bay leaf (about 2 inches long) or 2 small (1 inch) ones
Add all the ingredients to a spice grinder and grind to a powder.
Place the seasoning in a jar and cover with a lid.
Store in a dry place for months, and use as needed.
For about 1 pound of chicken breast, season with 1-2 teaspoons of kosher salt, then with 1-2 teaspoons of chicken seasoning. Bake, grill, or pan fry!!
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 416IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg