Melon Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing
Juicy, refreshing Melon Salad with a Honey Yogurt Dressing is the perfect summertime salad. Honeydew melon and cucumber provide sweetness and crunch while wheat berries, kale and red onion add in layers of flavor. Topped with a homemade cilantro honey yogurt dressing, this side salad is perfect for any summertime gathering.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 cups of cooked wheat berries
- 7-8 cups of sweet honeydew melon - peeled, seeded and cut into cubes from a 2 pounds melon
- 2.5 cups of diced cucumber 1 large cucumber
- 1.5 cups of thinly sliced red onion
- 5 oz package of kale, baby kale arugula or spinach also work
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt plain European style works, too
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Brazilian sofrito or 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh mint leaves about 6 large leaves
- salt to taste
Add the diced melons, the cucumber, the onion slices and the cooked wheat berries to a large bowl, and set aside.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl, and whisk to combine.
Dress the melon mixture with the desired amount of dressing, then toss in the baby kale.