Quick and easy, this Air Fryer Broccolini recipe is perfect for any day of the week! It’s crispy and delicious, and ready in under 15 minutes.
This is one of those quick and easy recipes that’s impossible not to love. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes and is made with the simplest ingredients.
The broccolini turns out perfectly crunchy, and crispy, and the soy helps everything caramelize deliciously. And, the pieces of toasted garlic are heavenly.
Check out more of my recommended pairing suggestions below!
I know you’ll find yourself making this recipe a lot. So, try splashing some lime, lime zest, or some parmesan cheese when you pull this broccolini straight out of the air fryer as easy variations.
I also love to add a drizzle of honey right out of the air fryer, sometimes, especially if I’m adding a pinch of cayenne, too. Both are optional, but this combo makes it for a great sweet and spicy option and it can also be a fun appetizer.
I hope you like this easy and versatile recipe as much as I do!
Love broccolini? Try this grilled broccolini recipe!
Ingredients & tools:
Brazilian Kitchen Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Broccolini — it’s very similar to regular broccoli, but with smaller florets, and longer and thinner stems. Broccolini is also more tender than broccoli.
- Brazilian sofrito — or minced garlic for awesome flavor.
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce — you may use low-sodium soy sauce or even tamari if you need this easy side dish to be gluten free
- Salt and pepper — medium-grain kosher salt is my favorite (Diamond Crystal is my go-to). And, I like my pepper to be freshly ground.
- Cayenne pepper — this is optional but adds a nice kick of heat.
How to make Broccolini in the Air Fryer
Trim the broccolini. I just trim it roughly to ensure the stems disconnect, and end up roughly at the same size and thickness. I do this so the pieces can cook evenly.
Definitely keep the leaves because they turn out crispy and delicious!
Place the trimmed broccolini in a large bowl or in a casserole dish, as shown below.
Mix the seasoning. Combine the sofrito with the olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk it together.
Massage the broccolini to ensure the garlicky mixture coats all parts of the broccolini, from florets, to stems and leaves. This will help everything crisp up well.
You’ll notice that the garlic doesn’t stick perfectly to the stems, so I make sure to massage as much garlic into the florets as can stick. It’s so good!!
Preheat the air fryer and arrange the broccolini into the air fryer baskets, trays or drawers.
To ensure they cook and crisp up correctly, make sure to not crowd the trays. Be sure to leave enough room for air to circulate around the broccolini as it cooks.
It’s best to cook this in multiple batches than to rush and end up with steamed broccolini instead.
I also always arrange similar sized pieces together so it cooks more evenly. If this isn’t possible, and some pieces cook faster than others, you can just removed the smaller ones that cook faster and return the other pieces to the air fryer.
Air fry around 5-6 minutes. All air fryers are different, so your air fryer may need a few more minutes. Keep an eye on them as they cook to make sure nothing burns.
We never have any leftovers of this recipe, but if you do end up with any, just store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the air fryer.
Serve air fried broccolini with…
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Yuca
- Fried Sweet Plantains
- Pan Seared Chicken Breasts
- Baked Chicken Legs Recipe
- Steak and Onions (Bife Acebolado)
- Ribeye Steak marinade
- Baked Lime Salmon
- Chimichurri Salmon
Other air fryer recipes:
FOR MORE BRAZILIAN FOOD INSPO, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON
Air Fryer Broccolini
- 1 pound of broccolini
- 2 Tablespoons of Brazilian sofrito or 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Trim the broccolini and arrange it in a dish or bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the Brazilian sofrito, the olive oil, the soy sauce, the cayenne (if using), and the salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Massage the sauce over the broccolini.
- Arrange the seasoned broccolini in the tray of the pre-heated air fryer in a single layer. (Do not overcrowd or the broccolini will not crisp up.)
- Air fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until crispy.